Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Let's Go Live

There are some people who come to the Zen Center looking refreshed and awake, happy to be alive and fully enjoying the moment in the here and now.

Those people know that enlightenment is not some other state, something yet to be obtained, a goal beyond their present selves. Their life is their practice, they see no difference between self and other, and they have given up attaining.

Those people know the "truth" isn't in words.

Those people don't need dharma talks.

Those people don't need "Water Dissolves Water."

So, to kill, as it were, two birds with one stone (just a figure of speech - the two birds are not separate things, and there is no "bird" and there is no "stone," there is only killing, as it were), for those people who don't need words, don't need dharma talks, don't need "Water Dissolves Water," I present . . .

More "Water Dissolves Water." Only now, live.

That's right, as promised yesterday, "Water Dissolves Water" is going live. Yes, I've opened up a new LiveJournal blog. Now, I can post my more "serious" and "deeper" thoughts here, while still leaving myself a space to kick back, free associate or just be absurd and act my shoe size, not my age (to paraphrase Prince).

For years, I've pretty much looked down on LiveJournal blogs. They seemed juvenile, shallow and superficial. "My favorite band is x. What's your's?" A forum for teenage girls to list their friends, and those who aren't their friends. Kid's stuff. Child's play.

But that's just an illusion, an association created by my mind (sort of like the image of the mermaid in the Magic Eye picture). Now that I've gone and set up a blog over there, I find the user interface more intuitive and easier to use, and the control over appearance far greater than here. In short, I kind of like it.

So here's the deal: I'm splitting my blog into two sites. Water Dissolves Water will contain my Zen musings, thoughts on the environment and some political content. Things like that. Water Dissolves Water. . . Live will be more personal, more immediate and more frank, and will babble on about my life, my tastes, and whatever else might be on my mind. And since LiveJournal handles graphics far better, it will be more, well, graphic.

For the record, I'm not maintaining the two blogs on a daily basis. Some days I might post to one, and the next day the other. Some days I may not post to either. But I will try not to leave either one alone for too long.

And who knows? Maybe someday the two dual blogs will merge back into one unity again.

I'm just not there now.

1 comment:

GreenSmile said...

I think I could deal with it split or together. The live journal has that same professional look you put on WDW but with advertisements.

It will be useful, I think to have two Shokai stations to tune to. I sometimes come here with an appetite for offbeat but informed stuff and sometines an appetite for hints about things that can only be hinted.