Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Infinite Jest VII: The Infinite Jest


It's time (past time?) that we start winding down these Infinite Jest films, to bring things to a conclusion as it were.  To tie up some loose ends, so that we can bundle the whole thing up and put it away for good.  

So with that in mind, here's Infinite Jest VII, the companion to III: Loneliness.  Just as I: Romeo was matched with II: Juliet, and V: The Helicopter Gunship was matched with VI: The Hamburger Dipshit, the companion to III: Loneliness is Infinite Jest VII: The Infinite Jest.  See how we're becoming self-referential while at the same time bringing things to closure?  We're surely getting near the end of the series, although we're not quite there yet.  

VII: The Infinite Jest is basically about existentialism and the meaning of it all, which may be itself the ultimate jest.

As always, I don't hold the copyrights to any of this material (please don't sue me) and don't represent that I own any of the copyrights (please don't sue me).  I make no profit off these videos, either directly or indirectly, I just lose hours of sleep creating and posting them for my own and hopefully your amusement.  It's all just for fun.  Please don't sue me.

No comments: