Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Infinite Jest III


 . . . and here we go, the third installment in the Infinite Jest video series (the first two are here and here).

I tried to focus this time more on emotional resonance than mere randomness, yet somehow still wound up incorporating existentialist penguins and German physicists into the mix. 

I edited the hell out of this one. You have no idea - no idea! - how many times I've been through this over and over again, snipping a nanosecond of video here and tweaking the music volume there.  It was supposed to be that the viewer was the one who could not look away from the infinite jest, but it seems in this case that it's the creator who's become the victim of the video's curse.

Still, for all the times I've watched this - maybe because of all the times I've watched this - I cannot sit through the last minute dry-eyed.

I don't claim to own any of the copyrights to this material and am neither realizing nor expecting any profit from this project - if you're the copyright holder of any of this, please don't sue me!         

No comments: