Monday, February 05, 2018


Well, my team lost yesterday. Again. In Super Bowl LII, the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots, 41-33.

I wasn't happy about it, although I can still find a quantum of solace in the fact that Tom Brady and company have already won five Super Bowls, have established themselves as an all-time dynasty, and in all likelihood will be contenders for future championships, even in the event of inevitable future personnel changes. But it still hurt.

After the defeat, I wanted to run somewhere and do something stupid and destructive.  Get it all out of my system, if you will.  Not that violence ever solves anything, but I got some degree of catharsis by finishing my old pal, teaming up with my big green companion, and proceeding to maim and beheaded several hostile Raiders with a bladed tire iron.  Not literally or in real life, of course, and not Oakland Raiders, but marauding Raiders in the virtual Fallout video-game universe.  No real persons were hurt and no laws were broken, but it did allow me to blow off some steam.  I even snagged a video of the mayhem I caused with my Not-So-Jolly Green Giant companion for your viewing pleasure.


The loss still hurt, though.  Here's to better times next year.

No comments: