Sunday, February 04, 2018


"Fun Week" caps off tonight with the Super Bowl (or Superb Owl, depending on your internet meme preferences). New England vs. Philadelphia, but you already know all about that.  Nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said many times elsewhere, but tonight we'll be cheering for The Patriots  and their truly historic record of victories.  

I have to say that I have no antipathy toward the City of Philadelphia.  Any city that's given us the Sun Ra Arkestra, Kurt Vile, The War on Drugs, and the Mandrake Memorial Band can't be all bad, but I guess someone has to lose to New England this year.  Last year was the Atlanta Falcons' turn, this year the sacrificial birds are the Eagles.

I know that the vast majority of America hopes the Patriots lose and is cheering for the underdog Eagles and I can understand that.  But I hope that no matter who you're cheering for, even if it's for both teams to somehow lose, you still enjoy the game.

Go Pats! 

No comments: