Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Deserted Garden


 I hate to be that guy who blogs about the weather all the time, but today's the 18th day of the Universal Solar Calendar's fall season and lately we're been experiencing what we call "False Fall" here in the South, when the temperatures and humidity first drop to tolerable levels but we know the sticky heat's coming back eventually.

It's been making my every-other-day hikes much more tolerable. Today, I even improvised a little and added an additional ½ mile to my usual route (I was hoping for an additional mile, but the side trail turned back to my normal path sooner than I had expected).

The National Hurricane Center doesn't expect any tropical storms to form in the next 48 hours, and weather.com doesn't forecast any rain for at least another week. Happy days!   

No comments: