Thursday, February 13, 2020

Day Four


It worked - the silicone gel sealant on the roof held and when the torrential rains hit early this morning (very early this morning), water did not leak through.

Still, the kitchen floor was flooded - the rain came down so heavily at times that it overwhelmed the gutter and leaked in from beneath the back door.  The floor was soaked and I had to I mop it up before I even had my morning coffee. I did use the occasion, though, as an excuse to deep clean the kitchen floor (it needed it).

By 10:00 am, the rain finally stopped and the forecast is now for two whole days of sunny skies.  No more rain until Sunday.

It's been a wild roller-coaster ride on temperature though - last weekend it actually snowed in the North Georgia Mountains and parts of metro Atlanta (didn't see any white stuff here), but then yesterday temperatures hit the 70s.  Now, it's chilly outside once again and the temperature will drop down into the low 30s tonight.  

After two days of sun, the rest of the extended forecast is for nothing but more rain Sunday through to at least next Saturday, with even a chance of snow on that Saturday.  After that is anybody's guess - we're out beyond the 10-day forecast at that point.  

I selected a contractor to replace my roof, but with all of the rain in the forecast, he's not sure when he can make it out here to actually do the job.  He has one home on schedule ahead of me, but until this soggy weather system finally clears out, he can't schedule a date to come do my work here.

Patience (breathe in).  Patience (breathe out).

No comments: