Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weeds, While Despised, Flourish


Somewhere underneath all that ivy and privet and kudzu is a tree, a tree that I had cleared of ivy and privet and kudzu a few years ago.  But all that ivy and privet and kudzu had grown back up the tree, struggling to reach the life-sustaining sunlight of the canopy, even if it meant killing the very tree it was using to reach the sunlight.

Day Two of my tree-clearing yard work continued, although I did get a later start and the work was mercifully cut short by a late-afternoon thunderstorm.  However, before I quit for the day, I did manage to free several trees, and at least cut a band around the tree at the top of the post, cutting the ivy, etc. off from its roots to eventually die and fall away from the noble tree underneath all that overgrowth, at least before it creeps back up again next spring..  



No comments: