Sunday, September 04, 2011

Minus the Bear

Fisher Green Stage, Bumbershoot. Formulaic and somewhat generic rock anthems, for some reason enthusiastically received by the young crowd. Although their music isn't necessarily bad, there was nothing particularly distinctive about it either. Still, the audience went wild, the guitarist mugged for the crowd on almost every note as if he were playing something far more revelatory than he was, and the bass player gave the audience a big thumbs-up after every song. Every.

Maybe I missed the aesthetic, or maybe I was just getting tired and cranky after nearly 10 hours of music, but I couldn't for the life of me hear what made them better than all the previous bands enough to warrant their headliner status, or to justify a 75-minute set.

But I'm glad for all of those who seemed to enjoy it all so much.

No comments: