Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pic Unrelated

I seem to have recovered from my bout with the flu in record time. My fever apparently broke overnight and I felt somewhat better this morning, although with a headache and some residual pain in the joints.

Regardless, I kept my doctor's appointment and there received a shot of penicillin and a prescription to Tamiflu and Cipro, all of which (or one of which?) did wonders in treating the ailment. I did still follow the doctor's advice, however, and took the rest of the day off from work, and was feeling good enough to even consider using the tickets that I had purchased weeks ago to see Broken Social Scene this evening at the Buckhead Theater (formerly The Roxy). As it turns out, I didn't go, and will probably appreciate the rest and recovery tomorrow, but this evening I feel a sense of loss over the show.

Of course, things could be worse - the last time I got the flu, back in 2005, I wound up losing not only over a full week from work, precipitating a decline that culminated in my losing that job, but I also somehow managed to lose a girlfriend during that illness (which, for the record, I had contracted while taking care of her when she had the same flu bug).

But no use crying over the past or even this evening's missed concert. The good news is that I'm feeling better and feel like I can make it to work tomorrow.

No comments: