Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Busy, Again

One last breath of "funemployment" before I start back to work: it looks like, after this 24-hours is up, that I'll be right back into the soup (and I can't wait to taste the broth!).

Yesterday, I drove the almost 20 miles to my new office, inconveniently located in the outer suburbs (but I'm not complaining), to sign some paperwork, and then turn around and drive back into the city to provide the required, um, "specimen" for the company's mandatory drug and alcohol testing.

The first sesshin of 2006 starts tomorrow evening, and lasts all day Friday and Saturday and half a day Sunday. And then Sunday evening, I catch a flight to Houston for a two-day client meeting, my first representing my new employer.

So tomorrow, before the start of sesshin, I have to stop by my old office, pick up some reference materials I left there for the Houston meeting (I never packed up my old office), and then head back out to the 'burbs to my new office for a quick "101" introduction to my new company so I can accurately represent them before my clients. Then back into the city for the start of sesshin.

I'm also supposed to take an oath of office downtown at City Hall sometime soon for my new role on the citizen's advisory board for the Atlanta Beltline - I should have done that today (I realize now in retrospective), but I can possibly fit it in some time tomorrow.

Or next week.

Damn, it's good to be busy again!

No comments: