Thursday, January 04, 2007

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to do any more political posts on this blog (better to use the Live site for that kind of ranting), but when I saw this week's edition of The Onion, America's leading satirical newspaper, I couldn't resist sharing the headlines (click on the picture if you want it enlarged). "Bush's Approval Rating Of Other Americans Also At All-Time Low," "Voice of God Revealed To Be Cheney On Intercom." Too funny. . .

Things may be quiet here for a few days. For the next several days, I will be in sesshin (intensive meditation retreat), and in keeping with the request of the Abbot, will try to refrain from unnecessary talking, reading and other communication during this period. Following that, I will be out of town, travelling for the first time in a while without my former company-issued laptop. Next Wednesday might be my first chance to post here again.

Thanks to all of those who wished me well and offered their congratulations on my new-found employment - your words were encouraging, just as your sympathies were when things looked the darkest.

2 comments:

GreenSmile said...

As all three of my readers may note, I have had a similar failure to keep my politics out of ET and behind the barricades at A Bomb A Nattion...the urge is irresistable.

Mumon K said...

Aw heck, get a big audience at Kos.

I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging thing, and for political writings, you can't beat Kos.

But I think Buddhist related stuff is still quite - separate.

It'd be an interesting experiment to do a Buddhist community blog like Kos, but then again...there probably already is one that I don't know about.