Monday, May 15, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • I see that my post of last Saturday on whether or not Buddhists are celibate has gotten picked up by the Islam News. I wasn't sure why at first, until I recalled making a statement that the differences between the beliefs of Shiite Muslims and Southern Baptists are probably not as great as those between Tantric and Nichiren Buddhists. It was probably a word bot that linked my post to the news site, but I'm sure a lot of confused Muslims are trying to figure out why the article is posted there.

  • According to the Colorado State University Tropical Meteorology Center, 17 named storms (up to the letter "Q"), including 9 hurricanes (5 intense) are forecast for this coming hurricane season. There is an 81% chance of a major hurricane landfall on the U.S. coast this season - 64% for the East Coast and 47% for the Gulf Coast. Anyone want to place some bets on whether we see a Hurricane Quincy this year?

  • The blue jays' eggs have hatched outside of my office window, and I can see them feeding their young. Tiny little open mouths pop up from the nest whenever the parent lands there.

No comments: