Saturday, January 15, 2005

Am-Scray!


Today was such a good day that I almost don't want to write about it. Did you ever have a day so perfect that you didn't want to discuss it with anyone else? At least anyone other than the one you shared it with? It's like a dessert so sweet that you don't want to let anyone else even taste it. Or a shower so warm and perfect that you don't even care if you're using up all of the hot water for everyone else.

This week has not been easy, but my one refuge all week had been looking forward to this day. And when it arrived, this 8,500-something-eth remaining day of my life, it was every bit as good as I had been expecting.

Here's a brief overview: I stopped over at L.'s apartment in the early afternoon. L., as readers of this blog should know, is not only the loveliest creature on this planet, but is also one of the smartest. And sexiest.

And, let me just add, she looks terrific in a thong.

We went out and saw the Scorsese film "The Aviator." A tad too long and in need of editing in some parts, but entertaining, and with a good cast. But the best part for me was to be sitting there in the theater with L., holding hands and sharing popcorn.

We changed after the movie (clothes that is, not identities) - L. into a very slinky short sleeveless dress that she made look absolutely gorgeous. I humbly put on a pair of dress slacks and a blazer, and we went to dinner at the Floataway Cafe. I had chicken, she had steak, and for dessert, chocolate pie and vanilla ice milk with espresso. Diners at another table sent two glasses of champagne over to us (we were flattered), but when we went over to thank them, they had already left (so at least they didn't have to see us return them - neither one of us drinks).

But that's all that I'm saying. It was a lovely day with a lovely woman, and I'm going to savor these memories and keep the rest of them to myself. So, off with you now - shoo! You can come back here tomorrow, when normal blogging will resume.

No comments: