Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Silent Guest

”Fortunately I am not the first person to tell you that you will never die. You simply lose your body. You will be the same except you won’t have to worry about rent or mortgages or fashionable clothes. You will be released from sexual obsessions. You will not have drug addictions. You will not need alcohol. You will not have to worry about cellulite or cigarettes or cancer or AIDS or venereal disease. You will be free.” ~ Cookie Mueller

Today, The Silent Guest, is the last day of Childwinter.  The Universal Solar Calendar's Spring season starts tomorrow. 

In anticipation of Spring, I had my annual HVAC system tuneup. It took a couple hours, but everything is working fine. Alert readers may recall that I had a whole new HVAC system installed in 2021, so it better be working well.

Last night, Dallas Seavey won the Iditarod Trail Dog Sled Race on the penultimate day of Childwinter. It's his sixth victory, breaking the record set by legendary musher Rick Swenson back in the 1970s. His dad, Mitch, has won three times, so there have been nine Seavey victories in the Iditarod in the last 20 years.    

I'm still waiting to hear my latest test results from my doctor. It's taking him uncharacteristically long to respond - I think he's struggling to figure out how to say "You've got diabetes."

No comments: