Monday, March 11, 2024

Day of the Rains


I went to the doctor today.  I feel fine - it was just a 6-month follow-up to my last visit, which was a response to my mid-summer visit to the ER.

The doctor doesn't like my blood pressure but is going to keep me on the same medication as since my last visit, even though statistically it's not any lower than it was before I started taking the meds.

Now, he doesn't like the way I pee. Too slow and too frequent. What I considered just another aspect of growing old, he calls "benign prostatic hyperplasia," which as I understand it, means "peeing like an old man."

I know where all this is going to lead.  Sooner of later, some goober in a white coat is going to want to remove my prostate, but they ain't getting it.  You only go around once in life and for a limited time at that, and I'm not going to end my time in this mortal coil wearing adult diapers. I'd literally rather die, which I'm going to do eventually anyway, with or without my prostate.  If I have to give up some of my later years to keep my dignity intact, then so be it.

No comments: