Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Day 30


Some days are better than others.  Some days are good, some days are bad.  Today was a bad one.

Monday was a bad day; too.  I suffered the whole day through some sort of 24-hour flu and was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep that night, since I had done nothing but nap all day, but I wound up sleeping like a baby and I felt fine on Tuesday. Tuesday was a good day. 

But the sleep cycle caught up to me Tuesday night.  I went to bed around 11:30 pm and fell asleep within 10 minutes.  But then I woke back up at 1:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep.  I saw the alarm clock hit 2:30 and then 3:30.  I did some reading in bed hoping to tire myself out but was disappointed to find my reading mind wide awake.  I think I must have fallen back asleep sometime around 4:30 am, because I woke up again at 6:00, a full hour before my alarm was to go off, with vague recollections of some dream. I shot off a few emails in the early morning but then fell back asleep until about 12:30 pm. My day didn't really get going until almost 2:00 pm

I've done my best not to nap today so that I can sleep through the night tonight, but I have to admit I nodded off a few times there.

The movers are scheduled to come here at 10:00 am Saturday morning and take me back home to my house. I just hope that I can adjust my sleep cycle by then so that I don't sleep through their arrival, and wake up in the afternoon laying on the floor in an empty condominium . . . or in a bathtub full of ice with fresh surgical scars where my kidneys used to be.

No comments: