Monday, April 26, 2021

Day 28

I woke up this morning shivering.  I was cold.

I got out of bed, shocked to find how chilly the morning air felt against my skin, and went to the thermostat.  It was at 71 degrees, pretty much the same temperature its been since I've moved out here to the Unsellable Condo in Vinings.  I turned it up one degree, got back in bed, and pulled a big old winter comforter up over me as extra precaution against the cold.

Still shivering.  And it was that bone-rattling, deep-body kind of shiver, as if your skeleton is trying to shake all the meat and skin off its bones. Shit, I realized, this must be a flu.

It can't be the covids - I've been fully vaccinated since February, and other than one or two little exploratory missions, I've continued to wear masks, remain socially distant, and especially here at the condo, continued to live a near monastic, cloistered life.

In fact, I shouldn't have anything at all.  Last week, I had a tooth extracted and  just finished the five-day antibacterial regiment prescribed by the dentist (Azithromycin).

But then the shivering stopped and suddenly I was sweating profusely.  I kicked off the comforter, kicked off the sheets, and reset the thermostat back to 71.  

Eventually, my body temperature stabilized but all day today I've been lethargic and listless.  I must have taken a half-dozen naps today.  I don't know if I'm running a fever or not - I don't even own a thermometer, much less have one out here at the condo frontier.  I've probably drank four full bottles of Vitamin Water, and it wouldn't surprise me if I had one or two more before the night's done.

It was a beautiful day today - sunny and a high of 79 degrees.  I went out for a walk to get some fresh air and exercise, but rather than invigorate me, it left me exhausted and in need of yet another nap.

This can't be the covids - it simply can't be.  I'd like to think it's cabin fever from being out here so long at the condo.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments: