Friday, January 31, 2020



So much for trying to keep my conservative friends.

Sometimes (but not that often anymore) I can watch the news and think, "Well, different opinions, different views," or "different strokes for different folks."  But  other times, like today, I can barely contain my outrage.  

The U.S. Senate has abdicated its responsibilities and instead of trying Donald Trump for the charges on which he was impeached, instead debated rules for several days and had a series of votes and motions on methods and procedures, and in the end decided to consider no evidence and chose not to hear any witnesses.  They decided to not actually try the case at all, as the Constitution requires.  

A lot of people are outraged and a lot of people are elsewhere expressing the implications of the Senate's actions much better than I can.  I'll leave it to them.  Meanwhile, my mind is going back to 2016 and the take on Trump's candidacy by rappers YG and the late Nipsey Hussle.

The language and emotions in this video are pretty raw, but this evening so are my feelings.   The corrupt Trump-Pence regime has got to go! 


No comments: