Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Third Day of the World Course

 

Remember that storm farting around the coast of Texas and Louisiana? Well, it's now a Cat 2 Hurricane, Francine, and just made landfall southwest of New Orleans with winds up to 100 mph. Current projections have it tracking up the Mississippi River, well west of Atlanta, but it's already brought cloudy skies and cooler temperatures here. 

I appreciated the cooler temps as I took my walk today. Temps were in the high 70s but after all the hot, sticky weather we've been having, it felt much cooler. It was so refreshing, I actually tacked an extra mile onto the end of my walk, not feeling beaten down by heat exhaustion and fatigue. 

This morning, I bought my Big Ears 2025 four-day pass. Sheesh. $1,150 for the pass (up from $950 least year and $750 the year before that). Plus $59.79 "service fee." Plus $12 shipping. $1,221.79 total. That's a lot of money, but I  try to justify it to myself by saying it's "only" about $300/day. That doesn't sound so bad does it? 

Had a doctor appointment today. He seemed to be in such a rush to get through my exam and on to whatever else it was he had to do next that he barely acknowledged that I dropped 40 pounds since the last time he saw me, or that my average blood pressure was down by 30 points. In fact, his first reaction was "Ooh, your blood pressure's gone up, hasn't it?" before I reminded him that 110 is, in fact, less than 140. Whatever.  

No comments: