Sunday, August 11, 2024

Dog Days End


 According to the Universal Solar Calendar, Dog Days End on August 11. Or to be more precise, August 11 is Dog Days End. Whichever way you look at it, the calendar foretells cooler weather following this date. It's still hot here in Georgia (low to mid-90s), but the humidity dropped noticeably overnight. The sun is out in full force but the drier air makes the temperatures much more tolerable.  

I finally hit the saturation point on Horizon: Forbidden West and decided to move on to a new game. I was about four-fifths of the way through my second playthrough on Forbidden West and some 425 hours in, third most hours overall of any game according to my Steam statistics, more than Fallout 76 (345 hours) but not as much as Cyberpunk 2077 (563 hours). I'll probably never catch up to my playtime on Fallout 4 (1,034 hours).

I was going to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided next, but the intelligentsia on the video game Subreddits convinced me that since I hadn't played a Deus Ex game before, I should start with Human Revolution first.  It's an older game (2011, the same year as Skyrim) and the graphics are poor by modern standards, but I can get past that. It took me a while to realize that it's basically a stealth game (at least the first mission that I completed last night) and I had to restart it from the beginning after repeatedly getting killed trying to play it first-person shooter style. My initial impression is that I can stick with this game as a prequel to Mankind Divided (2016), but I probably won't love it. I'm only about 5 hours in (I started Thursday night) and I may change my mind as the game progresses.

No comments: