Friday, August 16, 2024

Day of the Sledge

 

My cumulative walking distance (460 miles) hasn't quite gotten me to Cape Hatteras yet, but I have gotten past Cape Fear (lol, I've gotten past my fear of capes) and to North Carolina's Bare Sand Beach on the Cape Lookout National Seashore. Onward!

My vitals are doing great: my blood pressure has averaged 111/69 since late March and 104/67 the past three months. My weight's down from 220 to just a few tenths of a pound over 185 and I hope to break below that any day now.

I hadn't consciously set out to do it, but I've realized my diet now is almost strictly vegetarian, consisting mostly of nuts and berries, leafy greens, English muffins, yogurt, brown rice, lentils, and fruit. I say "almost" strictly vegetarian because occasionally - once or twice a week - I put some chicken tenders (baked, not fried) on  top of a Cobb salad for protein.  

A bunch of new music dropped today. Right now, I'm listening to John Zorn's Lamentations with Bill Frisell, Julian Lage, and Gyan Riley, Hannigan Songs Zorn, Volume 1 with Barbara Hannigan, Tomorrow Land by the Lux Quartet (Myra Melford, Allison Miller, Dayna Stephens, and Scott Colley), A Spontaneous Breaking of Symmetry III by Armen Nalbandian and Chris Corsano, SORCS 80 by Thee Oh Sees (Osees), In the Shadow of the Holy Mountain by Blind Pilot, and Palehound Live at First Congregational Church. All good stuff.

   

No comments: