Thursday, August 01, 2024

Day of Destruction


Following the attempted hack on my laptop earlier this month, I spent time today updating all of my passwords (I immediately updated the sensitive ones, like my bank, credit cards, and PayPal). I also had to reload Microsoft Office onto the computer. Nothing went as smoothly as I imagined, although now that it's all done and I can look back at the task, it wasn't really as bad as my mind was telling me it was at the time.

There's a storm over Haiti and Puerto Rico right now with a 60% chance of developing into a tropical storm or a hurricane. Still, it's encouraging that it's already August 1 and we've only had three named storms so far this season, which was predicted to be one of the most active in history.

Did you see the videos of Trump pitching a hissy fit during his National Association of Black Journalists interview? The man's so used to softballs from Fox News and the mainstream journalists, that when he's confronted with a tough question or fact checked in real time, he loses it. It the fact checker or tough questioner happens to be a woman of color, it's a total temper-tantrum meltdown. Trump's days on the national stage are coming to a close - people are sick of his schtick. You can only peddle hatred for so long before people get burned out on it.

My cumulative walking mileage now extends from Atlanta to Dayton, Ohio and my total weight loss over that distance is 32.2 pounds.  

No comments: