Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Scorsese, and the Fourth Day of Light


So I went to the doctor today as a follow-up to my ER visit last week for a UTI.

"What're you got your period?," the doctor asked so I knocked his fucking skull in with a bedpan.

Okay, that's not really the way it went down.  Not at all. They don't have bedpans in doctor's offices anymore.

Also, Doc agreed that what I had suffered from was better described as a bladder infection than a UTI, and that it was a pretty nasty one at that.

Every day I feel better than the day before as I go through my antibiotic regime. Only lingering effect now is some remaining abdominal muscle soreness.

Doc was concerned about how high my blood pressure was when I was admitted to the ER, but granted that it was likely a stressful evening for me and probably not indicative of my resting BP. However, it was still pretty high this afternoon, and he asked me to go to a pharmacy, buy a home blood-pressure monitor, and take daily readings every morning for the next two weeks. He wants me to share the results with him when I'm done.

"Yeah, excellent, fine," I agreed, so I dropped $125 on a home BPM that was supposed to be Bluetooth compatible, but it seems that the manufacturer's software isn't caught up with the current version of iOS yet, so I'm going to have to record the readings manually as if it were a machine worth half its cost.      

On the good news front, both of those tropical disturbances in the Western Atlantic dissipated last evening without developing into hurricanes. The one off the coast of Africa is still out there, but it's still way too early to tell what it's going to do, if anything. And a forecast for those 100°+ temperatures recently plaguing much of the West and Southwest to finally migrate to Georgia was downgraded to "only" the high 90s, but we can deal with that here.  It's Atlanta, it's late July - we're used to high 90s. 

No comments: