Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Day 20

 


Time, they say, is a flat circle.  I'm not completely sure what they mean by that - I'm not completely sure they know what they mean by that.   But I do know that I experience time differently than I used to.  Not faster due to my older age - that's the same experience of time, only at a faster rate.  My new experience is . . .  different.

The best that I can describe it is I used to feel that I was floating along on a river of time.  Sometimes, like a river, it moved fast and sometimes it moved slow.  But I was in time; time was something outside of me.

Now I experience time as something within me.  Time "goes" slowly because I am being slow, and time "goes" fast when my mind is quick.  I am not in time, time is in me.

I doubt that anyone understands what I mean based on that, but it's not an experience that is easily expressed by words.  You need a time machine.

Any comfortable seat will do.  Sit quietly in a comfortable position, take a deep breath, and then let all the air out of your lungs.  Allow your lungs to refill naturally and from there, simply let the breath be natural. Don't try to hard, just sit back and relax and watch what happens.  Be patient.  Before too long, you'll escape the "river of time" and experience time more like an emotion than some external, cosmic force.

Give it a try.  I'll be rooting for you, cuz.     

No comments: