Thursday, June 18, 2020

Day 87


"Multiple Florida Hospitals Run Out of ICU Beds as Coronavirus Cases Spike" - Headline today at Newsweek.com
So much for flattening the curve.  We couldn't even make it past the bare minimum standard of the first wave of the pandemic.  We're fucked, folks.

These are the times and this is my record of the times.  This blog has been many things to me over the years, a social media tool, a forum to work out my studies of Zen Buddhism, a concert calendar and show review site, and a place for random rants on random issues. 

This year, 2020, it's documenting an unprecedented confluence of historical events - the last gasps of an American democratic republic under the Trump administration, the coronavirus pandemic, an apparent if belated awakening to America's deep-rooted problem with institutional racism, and the continuation of global climate change.  All happening at the same time.

Years from now, people will be asking what you did, what you said, back at this critical time.  Did you speak out against fascism?  Did you object to and protest racism?  Did you help spread the virus, or did you help keep it contained?  I want to document my actions and my thoughts on these matters now, in real time, for my own future posterity and possibly for the benefit of others.


No comments: