Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Infinite Jest VIII: Florence


Before bringing it to conclusion, we're still tying up some loose ends on the Infinite Jest videos, this time by making a companion piece to the totally random Infinite Jest IV.

I consider this edition, subtitled Florence, to be an artistic failure.  I wanted to contrast the frenetic IJ IV with the most static, totally boring video I could possibly make, but somehow the music added some unexpected drama to the opening sequence, and then the single-shot video itself has a trance-like, hypnotic effect.  Basically, the companion piece to IV, which briefly referenced Hurricane Sandy, became a meditation on Low Country landscape and what existed before the recent Hurricane Florence, so yes, it's boring, but no, not as boring as I had hoped.  Sorry about that.

You can access the entire Infinite Jest series by clicking on the Infinite Jest label at the bottom of this post.

While I usually say at this point that I don't hold the copyrights to any of this material, in this case, I do - I actually shot the video myself with my iPhone.  So, yes, I DO own the rights to at least the visual component of this piece, but I give it freely to the world to do whatever you wish with it.  If you've figured out a way to make a profit off it, good for you!  You must be a very, very clever person and I wish you well.  However, I don't own the copyright to the soundtrack (please don't sue me) and don't represent that I own the copyright (please don't sue me).  I make no profit off these videos, either directly or indirectly, and it's all just for fun.  Please don't sue me.
  

No comments: