Tuesday, July 03, 2018

NERDFEST!


Just in time for the big, five-day, July 4th weekend . . . .

I let my membership to the Geological Society of America lapse and didn't get around to renewing it until last last month. Today, all the back issues of the Society's journals arrived in one big, fat package, and I get to catch up on all my back reading over the next several days.

While you're out washing down hot dogs with PBR or blowing your fingers off with fireworks or whatever it is you do July 4th, I'll be catching up on glacial adjustments to the course of the ancestral Hudson River, pondering the effects of Miocene-Pliocene climate change on continental sedimentation and the the effects of Late Ordovician climate change on the First Extinction (we're in the Sixth now), learning about the paleoclimate of Death Valley, and even reading about substrate controls on valley formation by groundwater on Mars.  

Jealous?  You should be!  It's Nerdfest in Atlanta, y'all!

1 comment:

misslesley said...

I went to the pottery studio at Callanwolde this morning. It was like a 1993 commute up I85. And yesterday, too. We should do this more often.