Tuesday, June 12, 2018


I was all set to do it.  If our feckless president, that short-fingered vulgarian, could go to Singapore without starting a nuclear war, I said I would congratulate him. Give credit where credit's due.  You know, it's only fair.

But then I saw some of Fox News' fawning praise for his visit and my words got stuck in my throat.  I realized that he's got all the congratulations he needs and then some.  Nothing needs to be said here, folks. 

Yes, he didn't start a nuclear war, but then he didn't really accomplish anything, other than possibly buy North Korea some more time.  The so-called master negotiator gave up real concessions, like no more military exercises in South Korea, for a gauzy mutual statement calling for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula but without any timeline or details on how that would happen.

But, yay!  I woke up this morning, which was an accomplishment in itself as it meant that the world hadn't ended overnight in total nuclear annihilation.  

1 comment:

misslesley said...

He averted a crisis of his own making. And for that we should be grateful.