Sunday, February 11, 2018


Do I allow myself to sleep in late on Sunday mornings because I allow myself to stay up late on Saturday nights, or do I allow myself to stay up late on Saturday nights because I allow myself to sleep in late on Sunday mornings?

Anyway, one way to avoid waking up at 4:30 in the morning and thinking about all those things that you can't possibly achieve at 4:30 in the morning is to stay up until 2:00 a.m. drinking old pals and playing video games, let the cats sleep on the bed with you for the one night a week they're granted that privilege, and then lie in bed doing the NY Times Sunday crossword until noon the next day .   

Here's a lovely song by Jens Lekman that's not exactly on topic but close enough.  It's not about 4:30 a.m. anxieties but is about having the same dream 730 times over.

 

No comments: