Sunday, December 10, 2017

"I have every excuse to just stay shut in and play video games on my computer all day, at least while I'm not out raking snow."
It turns out I used my snow-bound shut-in time exactly as I had intended, and managed to complete The Wild Hunt storyline in Witcher 3.  No spoilers here, but we defeated the foes that needed defeating, resolved the mysteries surrounding key characters, mastered a new card game, and even had energy left over for a few romantic side adventures.  

I have to admit The Witcher lived up to its reputation as one of all-time best video games. The plot was as sophisticated and nuanced as a novel, the characters were satisfyingly complex, the gameplay was exciting, and the whole thing ran flawlessly on my HP Envy laptop.  Really can't find anything to complain about, and recommend the game without reservation to any and all.

What with side quests, exploration, and time spent just wandering around like a dumb-ass, it took me 130 hours of gameplay to complete the storyline.  I purchased the two DLC Expansion Packs for the game, so I still have plenty of gameplay left before I play the whole thing through again from the start.


Meanwhile, snow's still on the ground outside but my strategy of raking the snow-covered wet leaves away from the car succeeded and I finally got my automobile to the top of the hill and the end of my driveway.  Frankly, I wasn't sure that plan would work, but it did.  I even quit playing Witcher long enough to venture out and do some grocery shopping today.  The ordeal even made me grateful and appreciative once again of having a car (belated Thanksgiving, anyone?).   

An unusual weekend by any account, and I'll actually be glad to get back to my usual routine on Monday.  Can't say that at the end of too many weekends.

No comments: