Thursday, November 02, 2017


The two-week period of cold turkey seems to have tempered my addiction well.  To remind y'all, after going two weeks without playing any video games at all, last Saturday I downloaded two new games, Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein 2.  From what I've read of the reviews, Witcher is the far, far better game and Wolfenstein can be played through pretty quickly, so I installed Wolfenstein first so that the second game play would be better than the first and to thus minimize disappointment.

I played on Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and will probably play tonight, but here's the good news - instead of compulsively playing for hours and hours on end, I've only been playing for an hour or two each night, and then gladly going on to other things.  I haven't been letting the compulsion get the better of me.  Maybe that's the result of my abstinence or maybe Wolfenstein just isn't that good a game, but I'm more back in control of my time, and thus my life, than I was before.

Check in with me in a week or two and see how I'm holding up.

No comments: