Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Metta


Everyone I meet, everyone I see on the street, everyone I pass in traffic or who passes me going in the opposite direction, all my cashiers and waiters and shopkeepers and clerks, the traffic cops and toll booth attendants and highway workers, my business colleagues and my clients and their extended circles of first-, second- and third-degree contacts, the talking heads and bloviators and lovely actors and actress I see on the television, everyone I meet or see or can even conceive of.  Everybody.

They're all going through some sort of shit about which I know nothing.  Personal matters, health issues, lost loves, or deaths in the family - they're all dealing with something.  Financial problems, marital problems, sickness, old age, or death.  And I have no idea.

Realizing this, we should all be kinder to one another.

No comments: