Saturday, September 10, 2016

Friday Night Video


This Little Tybee transistor radio has appeared in video clips and photographs on Facebook and Instagram for a year before this video was finally completed, and was the inspiration for me starting the Lambchop series on this blog. I had looked around the house for something to use and while I saw nothing similar to Little Tybee's radio, I finally selected an old stuffed toy that I had bought decades ago for an old girlfriend ("Lambchop" was my nickname for her).  She left it behind when she moved out of my apartment and out of my life, so the emotional context for the toy to me is a mixture of cuteness and heartbreak.

My inspiration for continuing the Lambchop series is Walt Disney's quote "Get a good idea and stay with it, and work it until it's done and done right."  I don't know where the series is going to go or take me, but I'll keep working it until we get there.

No comments: