Thursday, March 17, 2016

Panic In Laptop Land


Well, it looks like I got this computer back-up problem licked, at least for now.

However, karma's a funny thing sometimes.  Just after I took this picture with my iPhone (a fourth computer of sorts, if you will) and was all full of materialistic pride over my hardware arsenal, the iPhone died as I was downloading the photo to my newest laptop (lower center). Black screen, wouldn't respond to anything.  

Panic.  I have no land line or back-up phone, and several critical calls to make tomorrow.  Not to mention, my Western, 21st-century, iPhone addiction.  

Just when I solve one problem, another one pops up.

Or so I had thought.  After the adrenaline in my bloodstream abated a bit, I tried the phone again, and it started right back up, good as new.  Everything's fine, everything's working, nothing's wrong.  But for a moment there, I thought I had taken one step forward and two steps back . . . .

No comments: