Sunday, January 03, 2016


I'm back!  Those who know me well know that my absence from these pages has been due to my being off live-blogging the college football bowls for the past week and a half.

As you can see in the before-and-after picture above, the new refrigerator got delivered. It's taking me some time to get used to seeing that stranger in my kitchen every time I walk in the room.

The roofer came by and took a look at the damage, but hasn't gotten me an estimate yet or started the repair work.  Fortunately, the hard rains have let up, at least for a while, so there's been no more damage done.

The football games ran virtually all day, from noon to midnight or beyond, and as a result I made no progress on Underworld.  I did manage to re-watch all of Season 1 of The Leftovers and Episodes 1 through 5 of Season 2 (five more episodes to go).

Regular postings will resume here soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is surprising how you get accustomed to the sounds of old appliances. The sounds are like the snoring of a mate that you learn to ignore. Then a new appliance comes and it has this mysterious little grown or whistle that you have to come to terms with. I live in a cold climate. Every year, I have to replace a little electric heater in my writing studio. My new one has this windy , little jet plane taking off sound. Hope your new fridge talks to you in a kind way. I check out your blog daily before writing my own. http://morningtalkswithjohammersthemystic