Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A Tom Waits Quote


We've entered the rainy season and have had nearly two inches of rain fall here in Atlanta since last Sunday. On top of that, we're experiencing peak autumn color, which means the leaves are falling en masse, of which I'm constantly reminded by the sound of acorns bouncing off the roof every few minutes.  It also means my steep driveway is coated with wet leaves, making traction slippery while walking or driving up and down, and as I lie in bed at night I worry about trees falling down on me due to the soft wet soil.   Good times.  

Tom Waits once sang, "Well, they're dancing on the roof and the ceiling's coming down, and I sleep with my shovel and my leather gloves, and a little trouble makes it worth the going, and a little rain never hurt no one."

No comments: