Monday, August 04, 2014

Life Is Hard


The other day, as I was driving to work, fighting the traffic on a muggy summer morning and stressed about all of the conflicting deadlines and limited resources in front of me, I was thinking, "Life is hard."

A few minutes later, as I was waiting for a light to change, I saw an elderly man on the sidewalk in a wheelchair.  He was trying to navigate his way up a hill, and he had his wheelchair turned around backwards so he could push his way up with his legs.  But he only had one leg, so he had to keep gripping the wheels of his chair to keep from rolling back down as he reset his one leg for the next push up the hill.

Suddenly, sitting in my Lexus on my way to my air-conditioned office for my salaried job, life didn't seem so hard after all.  

No comments: