Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday Night Video


So, okay, I made another one, this time a 20-minute epic with what I think is some honest-to-gosh conceptual continuity.  Almost every picture was selected to relate somehow to the one before and after it, as well as to reflect the soundtrack at that very moment.  Images are from Turkey, Thailand, Greenland, Houston, Atlanta, Afghanistan, Seattle, Brunswick (Georgia), North Korea, and various other points around the world. The theme, I think, is humanity and its struggles, both with the environment, with the divine, and with itself, but you be the judge.  This one took a lot of time to produce, and I even gave it what I think is an uplifting, optimistic ending, so I hope you like it.

The background music is a composition titled Mladic by the Montreal post-rock band Godspeed You! Black Emperor, whom I'm looking forward to seeing at Portland's Roseland Theater on September 7.

I don't know if I've got another one of these in me or not.  As I said, a lot of work went into this video, and right now I'm happy with the first one I made a month ago and with this one, so maybe it's time to quit and leave the two to bookend my output.

No comments: