Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Accident


Here's a photograph a neighbor emailed to me of an accident that occurred down the street from my house while I was out of town this week, reminding us that impermanence is indeed swift and sudden.  

Encountering tragedy like this puts our little daily travails into perspective.  Those who may have complained about traffic delays due to the blocked road should at least be grateful that they still had vehicles, both automotive and bodily, after the road had been cleared. Given an inattentive turn, a forgotten look both ways, or too much attention to the cell phone while driving, and that could have been any of us. 

No need to be concerned for my safety:  I realized very soon after moving to the neighborhood that left-hand turns at this intersection were too treacherous to attempt regularly, except perhaps on weekends.

No comments: