Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blind Pilot, The Earl, Atlanta


The last stretch of Rocktober continues at The Earl with a mid-week set by Portland's Blind Pilot, whom I saw on their own turf when they played the Crystal Ballroom during MFNW.  Here's an earlier MFNW performace of theirs at the Doug Fir, a set that I missed even though I was at the Fir earlier that day, but had left to go see The Joy Formidable across town at the Wonder Ballroom.



My pictures came out pretty well - far better than last night's of Zola Jesus - but it's too late to post many right now.  Here's one of the Blind Pilot performing:


And another of the opener, Cory Chisel:


And finally one of both bands on stage together for the encore, for a cover of Willie Dixon's Bring It On Home:


I'll post more pictures and review both concerts whenever it is that I finally get a chance to catch up.

No comments: