Saturday, September 10, 2011

Explosions In The Sky, Part One


No reason to be alarmed: Explosions In The Sky are an all-instrumental band from Austin, Texas (I have tickets to see them back in Atlanta with Wye Oak on September 29th). Fortunately though, Explosions In The Sky won't be playing tomorrow night, the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Also playing tonight at Pioneer Courthouse Square are one of my favorite bands, The Antlers, performing their song Two in the video below.  Also, below are clips of The Antlers performing their song Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out on the Jay Leno tee-vee show, and a song by Portland's Typhoon, who are also playing tonight, following yesterday's KEXP show at the Doug Fir.





Speaking of Doug Fir, both Explosions and The Antlers are scheduled to put on free KEXP shows today before their outdoor concerts at Pioneer Courthouse Square, which should be great, provided I can even get in. Later tonight, there are a lot of options, and I'm still not sure whom I'm picking for the last full night of MFNW and my Pacific Northwest rock 'n' roll vacation.

No comments: