Friday, September 10, 2010


Tonight's show by Best Coast at the Drunken Unicorn is sold out so I won't be going (unless someone with tickets calls me at the last minute). Their song When I'm With You is not a perfect song nor is the video for their song perfect in itself, but the video above is probably the perfect combination of song and images.

So instead of going to Best Coast, I'll have to console myself by going to the second best show in town tonight, Those Darlins at The Earl, the second evening of a two-night stand. The New York Times is previewing their upcoming show at the Bowery Ballroom by saying "This young country trio from Murfreesboro, Tenn., is a tangle of bare legs, cowboy boots and Southern sass. In defiance of its moniker, the band is resolutely unladylike: 'I got drunk, and I ate a chicken/I ate a chicken I found in my kitchen/Not just a leg and not just a wing/I’d like to let you know that I ate the whole damn thing,' they yelp over acoustic guitar and mandolin."

Austin's The Strange Boys, whom I saw open for Spoon earlier this year, will be opening for Those Darlins tonight, which should be fun in itself.

No comments: