Sunday, November 01, 2009

An Eliot Post


Those recent posts detailing intense self-examination were somewhat therapeutic to write in a cathartic kind of way, but also draining and exhausting. So on a much lighter note, I can report that Eliot, my live-in male companion, has recently taken over the flower box by the kitchen window, where he can enjoy the outdoors while keeping an eye on things going on inside of the house. He even matted down the sphagnum moss into a little nest. It's under the eaves of the roof so he can keep dry from the rain while resting there. I must admit that it took me a little by surprise the first time I went for some morning coffee and saw him looking in the window at me.

You can tell by the leaves on the patio that autumn has come to Atlanta.

Meanwhile, over at the White House, I see that on Halloween yesterday Michelle Obama wore almost the exact outfit I had dreamt the truant mother wore to pick up her son. Interesting . . .

I didn't know the Obamas read my blog.

No comments: