Friday, June 12, 2009

How Much Fun Is This?

Is there anyone in this band who looks old enough that you'd serve them a drink without checking their ID? I have socks older than these guys. And when they sing "I've been a sinner all my life," I have to wonder, how long has this been going on? Two, maybe three, years?

But it's probably the guilelessness of youth that allow them to overcome the old MTV cliche of the frontman in a hospital gown and straightjacket singing "Rock and roll is dead. I probably should've stayed in school." And while I can't quite believe him when he claims, "If they listened to the words they'd find the message tucked beneath," he really sells the lines, "We don't do it for the glory, we don't do it for the money, we don't do it for the fame."

Rock and roll is not dead - it's alive and well and forever young and apparently thriving in, um, Bowling Green, Kentucky.

No comments: