Wednesday, April 18, 2007

33 More Days

If I so much as blink, the week will have passed without the opportunity to have updated this blog.

Which is part of a problem - life has been busy, and keeping up this blog has become more of a chore than the pleasure it was at one point.

Next month will commemorate the third-year anniversary of Water Dissolves Water, and that seems as good a time as any to hang it up. Discontinue the blog. Stop posting.

Everything is impermanent, nothing lasts forever. And knowing that these words will be among my last to cyberspace brings me to a more immediate realization of the here and now, and compels me to me try and say something meaningful.

Other than "goodbye."

And now, as if to put icing on the cake of my decision, Blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures.

1 comment:

GreenSmile said...

I had in mind today putting out a post with no text and just the image of a frozen turkey. You are doing something I need to do.
My life was always too busy for the luxury of telling the world what I thought. It has become a profitless preoccupation with my hitcounter and not one of the intentions I had at the outset have materialized in my blogging.

Thanks for all the fascinating graphics and the great posts. If the bandwidth you free up goes in to projects like making Atlanta a better place for car-free living, I can now see how valuable that engagement would be.

It has been a boon to me to exchange, however imperfectly, thoughts on Buddhism and being. I hope you will leave WDW up indefinitely since I do come back to take second and third helpings on some of the richer explanatory posts. Think of it as a finished book. Leave it on the shelf for us to read. Time will not dissolve Water Dissolves Water.


Here are Bora Zivkovics' suggestions for retiring a blog.