Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I spent the day flying to, and back from, Jackson, Mississippi.

The ticket cost $1,400, a ridiculous price, in my opinion, to be taken to Jackson, Mississippi.

I left the house a little late, but not to worry, I still had plenty of time to catch my flight to Jackson, Mississippi.

But the airport parking lots were full, except for the hourly parking, and since I hadn't left myself enough time to go to the Park 'n' Ride, I had to use the hourly lots to park my car for my flight to Jackson, Mississippi.

And even the hourly lot was nearly full, and I spent a lot of time driving up and down the aisles looking for an open spot so that I could catch my flight to Jackson, Mississippi.

Having finally parked, but now running very close to departure time, I got my ticket and found that the security line stretched all the way across the airport atrium, making me very concerned whether I was going to make it on time to catch my flight to Jackson, Mississippi.

And of course, once I got through security, my flight was not only at the furthest terminal, but the gate was all the way at the far end of the furthest terminal, and I got there just before they closed the door on the flight to Jackson, Mississippi.

Needless drama, I thought, as I finally unwound while en route to Jackson, Mississippi.

The meeting itself was inconsequential - lasted less than an hour - but we got done everything we needed to do in Jackson, Mississippi.

Which left me something like four hours to drive around and explore before I could catch my scheduled return flight from Jackson, Mississippi.

And of course, that flight was ultimately delayed (due to bad weather in DC, I was told), so it wasn't until almost 10:30 pm that I finally got home from Jackson, Mississippi.

And now, it all seems like a dream ("a star at night, a bubble in a stream, a flash of lightning in a summer cloud, a flickering lamp, a phantom and a dream") as I think back to my day going to, and back from, Jackson, Mississippi.

No comments: