Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Everything is unique, nothing happens more than once in a lifetime. The physical pleasure which a certain woman gave you at a certain moment, the exquisite dish which you ate on a certain day - you will never meet either again. Nothing is repeated, and everything is unparalleled.
- The Goncourt BrothersI hadn't noticed, but yesterday was the two-year anniversary of Water Dissolves Water, and I had forgotten to post the picture and quote above, which appeared here on May 21, 2004 and May 21, 2005. We can probably stand to forego the Philip Kapleau obit this time around, however; I think the point's been made that he's moved on.

Two years of babbling on line about what I did today, what I thought, what I wished I had thought - millions of words, probably, and not a grain of truth (as in "The Truth") in any one of them.

Thanks for reading and coming along for the ride, tedious and slow as its been at times. Who knows?, maybe something interesting will happen this year.

1 comment:

GreenSmile said...

Happy birthday, Water Dissolves Water.


Why did it take me until this minute to connect your blog title with your career expertise?