Thursday, April 27, 2006

Jump Day

I caught a flight this morning from Atlanta to Phoenix for the annual corporate get-together for my company. Four-hour flight, aisle seat (middle empty), no complications.

It's a beautiful day in Phoenix - sunny (as always), warm in the sun, cool in the shade. It might actually get chilly this evening.

The meeting is in the (wonderful, fabulous) Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa. Beautiful southwestern architecture, pools everywhere, great food and the bathroom alone in my room is larger than the entire hotel room I stayed in at New York. It's a pity they actually expect me to show up at the meetings.

I didn't last year. Alert readers might recall that at last year's meeting in San Francisco, I came down with the flu and spent the entire time holed up in my room in the (wonderful, fabulous) Fairmont Hotel. It turned out to be one of the worst weeks in my life - illness, missing the meeting, breaking up with L., etc.

I've been healthy thus far, so I guess things are already better than a year ago (what a difference a year makes?). The meetings are actually not unpleasant, and it's good meeting all my colleagues from other offices again (especially the European and Asian ones). The Welcome Cocktail Reception and Light Dinner is still yet to come (I'm blogging this during a break), so there's still more fun to be had.

As long as I don't pick up avian flu or anything.

No comments: