Friday, April 08, 2005

California, Day Six - Doc Savage



Shokai -
I assume you are really sick now...my hunch is that this isn't going away any time soon.
don't be afraid to call the hotel doctor - every good hotel has one - and sometimes it's worth it.
I've done it. You got to pull the fever down first.
So sorry -- my heart goes out to you
L.


Yeah, you're right - each day is worse than the one before. I went downstairs for breakfast and immediately started feeling worse, came back to my room, threw breakfast up, and shivered and ached from 8 to 12. Feeling slightly better now, but that's a relative term. Obviously, I'm missing the meeting today.
I was thinking of calling the doctor anyway, but I think your email made my mind up to do it. I'm concerned about the flight home - I won't be able to fly if I'm feeling then like I felt this morning (shivering and sweating at the same time, squirming with pain in the joints etc.).
I had to take a rest while I was writing this. I can see why you weren't able to work on your book.
- Shokai

Sweetpea - get the Z-pack and stay an extra day or two if you need to.
The company will pay for it...you are sick.
I bet your fever is higher than you think. Please get the Dr. - so that you can start to get well
L.


Went to the doctor and he set me up with a couple of meds, including ibuprofen for the pain. I suggested Z-pack, but he said this flu has been going around San Fran, and gave me Tamiflu for the influenza and Zithromax to head off bronchitis (I'm dehydrated and the windpipe cracks and the blood could get infected causing bronchitis). The doctor (Doc Savage) was really good and seemed to know what he was talking about. So for now, I'm doing it his way.
The doctor also said that the Tamiflu should have me in good enough shape to fly home Sunday, but I agree that I will stay if I'm not up to travel. This is probably the sickest I can recall having been as an adult. . . I'm really out of it. It's not a decision whether or not to stay - if I feel like this on Sunday, it will be physically impossible for me to check out and fly home.
Thanks for your sympathy and kind words - they really help.
shokai

Shokai-
I thrilled you have medicine and a competent professional helping you.
Thank god. Also, that you are staying in nice surroundings probably doesn't hurt.
They recommended Tamiflu for me too - I didn't take it...also, the Z-pack IS Zithromax, which was for my bronchitis.
sorry sorry you are going through this.
Hang in there.
Yes, that was the sickiest I'd been since I was a little girl.
I understand.
Order fresh squeezed orange juice to the room & bottles of water too. The hotel will bring you anything - and you shouldn't get dehydrated - you have no excuse! They'll bring you anyting you need.
Take care,
L.